Board, Pegs and Magnets - All out of stock. Disks are available if you can design your own board system.
PEGS comes in 2 sizes to assist both small and large families:
- Small for 1-2 children (9" x 24) 4 rows across, 12 down
- Medium for 3-4children (13" x 24") 6 rows across, 12 down
If your family is larger than 4 children, purchase more than one system to accommodate more children. The board is lightweight plastic, so you can hang it on the refrigerator or the wall if you prefer. The system includes grooved wooden pegs that are pushed into the hole from the back. The grooves hold disks and allow depth to the board, so you can stack several disks on one peg if needed and the disks won't fall off. Magnets for hanging the board on the refrigerator are also included.
If for some reason the standard kit is not suitable to your needs, you can customize the system to fit your family. All kits receive the same components, just more disks for larger families.
NOTE: 1 sheet = 12 individual disks
Each kit receives one yellow labeling sheet to outline the structure/categories for the system. Included in the label categories are the ABC's of character traits to address: Attitude, Behavior, and Communication, which are hung on the bottom 3 pegs of your board. A digital clock grid label is also included to add a time element to your system.
Click here to view a sample labeling sheet
Each system includes 3 types of Chore Disk Sheets.
- Sheet A - Personal Chore Disks, are provided for each child. You will get 2 sheets in the small kit, and 4 sheets in the medium kit.
- Sheet B - Basic Household chores.You will get one sheet per system.
- Sheet C - Advanced Household chores, are considered rotatable chores. You will get one sheet per system.
All chore disks are colorable so your children can customize their system. Based on age and ability you outline the chores for each child. A 3 year old might have only 3 chores whereas a ten year old, might have 7-8 chores per day. The board allows optimum flexibility to suit your family.
- Bonus Disks - Each system includes blank green bonus disks (6 per child) to be used as the tangible "reinforcer" of desired character traits.
- Penalties Disks - Each system includes penalty disks (6 per child) - the red NOT symbol to help a child visualize the NOT ACCEPTABLE character traits. When reversed the disk is plain white to illustrate a resolved penalty.